Stats Teams
CHL Playoffs 2012
use the links to the left to share this


Fort Wayne blows out Wichita, 7-3

Allen County War Memorial    Thu, May 03, 2012
Story by Narrative Science.

The Fort Wayne Komets had a two-goal lead after two periods and cruised the rest of the way en route to a 7-3 win over the Wichita Thunder.

After the loss made the series score 3-0 in the best of seven series, Wichita faces elimination next time out.

Colin Chaulk had two goals and one assist to lead Fort Wayne. Chaulk scored the first of his two goals on the power play at 8:59 into the second period to make the score 4-1 Fort Wayne. The Komets earned a power play opportunity when Chris Greene was put in the box for roughing. Bobby Chaumont picked up the assist. Chaulk's next tally on the power play made the score 6-3 Fort Wayne with 17:36 left in the third period. Mike Vaskivuo provided the assist.

Fort Wayne kept the Thunder's goalie busy throughout the game, and Bryan Hogan made 34 saves on 41 shots. The Komets' defensemen played an important role in the offense, chipping in two goals.

Fort Wayne additionally got points from Leo Thomas, who also had one goal and one assist. Others who scored for Fort Wayne included Kaleigh Schrock, who had two and Daniel Maggio and Bryant Molle, who scored one goal each. Other players who recorded assists for Fort Wayne were Jean-Michel Rizk, who had two and Jamie Lovell, Tom Mele, Frankie DeAngelis, Stephon Thorne, Brett Smith, and Chris Auger, who contributed one a piece.

Wichita was led by Matt Summers, who finished with two goals. Summers scored the first of his two goals at 14:35 into the second period to make the score 5-2 Fort Wayne. Jarred Mohr assisted on the tally. Summers' next tally made the score 5-3 Fort Wayne with 3:19 left in the second period. Chris Chappell provided the assist. Aaron Davis also scored for Wichita. More assists for Wichita came via Matt Robinson and RG Flath, who each chipped in one.

Fort Wayne's starting goalie, Nick Boucher, made 26 saves and finished with the win before he was taken out in favor of Gerry Festa, who stopped zero shots. The Komets incurred four minutes in penalty time with two minors. The Thunder incurred eight minutes in penalty time with four minors.

stats powered by pointstreak pro